Skip to Main Content
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Assume any unsolicited text for personal or banking information request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Avoid sharing sensitive information such as your password, account number or answers to secret questions. Don’t save this information anywhere on your mobile device or phone.
- Don’t set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you into your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Immediately tell your bank and your mobile operator if you lose your phone.
- Consider using security and firewall protection software to help protect your phone from any viruses, malware or corrupt applications.
- After a mobile banking session, clear the history and erase the cache and any cookies that maybe stored on your device.