Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a service offered by 1st National Bank of Scotia that allows you to make a deposit directly into your eligible account through the Mobile Banking App on supported Apple and Android devices. Mobile Deposit lets you submit photos of the front and back of your endorsed check and requires a device with a rear-facing camera that supports auto-focus along with the following specifications:
- iOS devices must be running iOS 8.0 or higher;
- Android devices must be running Android 4.1 or higher
- the device must be running iOS 7.1 or higher
- the device must be running Android 4.0 or higher
Q. Who can use Mobile Deposit?
In general, 1st National Bank of Scotia non-business customers with an eligible checking, savings or money market account and valid Online Banking credentials can use Mobile Deposit. In order to use Mobile Deposit, you must download 1st National Bank of Scotia's Mobile Banking App for iPhone or Android.
Q. Can new customers/accounts use Mobile Deposit?
Yes, new customers and/or new accounts are eligible.
Q. How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
You must have Online Banking and the current version of 1st National Bank of Scotia's Mobile Banking App. Simply select the check deposit option from the menu inside the Mobile Banking App to begin. You will be automatically enrolled the first time you use Mobile Deposit.
Q. Is electronically depositing checks safe and secure?
Images of the checks are not stored on your mobile device.
Yes, the online transmission of checks is secured through a secure SSL encrypted browser session. You should protect your login and password for Mobile Banking as you would your login information for other online banking services. For added security, remember to log out completely when you finish using the Mobile App.
Q. Are there any fees for Mobile Deposit?
We are pleased to offer the Mobile Deposit service to you at no charge. Other fees may still apply, however, such as those for returned items or overdrafts and mobile carrier fees. Please refer to the Bank's fee schedule and deposit account agreement for further information regarding fees applicable to your account.
Q. How do I endorse my check?
Checks submitted for Mobile Deposit require the restrictive endorsement "For FNB Mobile Deposit" and must contain the deposit account number and your signature. Deposits may be rejected if they are not endorsed properly.
Q. How am I notified that my deposit has been made?
You will receive a notification via e-mail from us confirming that your deposit was received. The deposit will be subject to verification and you will receive a second e-mail from us once the deposit has been approved and processed.
Q. What do I do with my paper check once I have deposited it electronically?
We recommend that you mark the check as "electronically deposited" or "void." You will need to retain the check in a safe place for 60 days. After 60 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, shred the check and dispose of it accordingly.
Q. When will my funds by available?
All 1st Scotia Mobile Deposits made before 3:00 p.m. ET are processed and credited that evening and will generally be available on the next business day. Items deposited after 3:00 p.m. ET will be processed the following business day with availability of funds on the business day following the day the deposit is processed.
Q. How are deposits made on the weekend handled?
Deposits made on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Holiday are processed on the next business day following that weekend. Weekends and Federal Holidays are not considered business days for processing purposes, even if the bank may be open.
Q. Are there limits for deposits made using Mobile Deposit?
- Each check is considered a separate deposit.
- An individual check may not exceed $2,500.
- You may make up to five (5) deposits in a single day not to exceed a daily aggregate total of $5,000.
- You may make up to ten (10) deposits within a five-day period not to exceed an aggregate total of $10,000 over the five-day period.
Q. What types of checks can I deposit with Mobile Deposit?
Personal or business checks made payable to the account holder or joint owners that have been properly endorsed with "For FNB Mobile Deposit," the deposit account number, and appropriate signature(s).
Q. What type of checks cannot be deposited with Mobile Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the Account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks on which the numerical and written amount are different.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through 1st Scotia Mobile Deposit or through a remote deposit service offered at any other financial institution or otherwise previously converted to a substitute check, as defined by Regulation CC.
- Checks with an endorsement on the back other than the restrictive endorsement.
- Checks that have previously been deposited or negotiated via any method at 1st National Bank of Scotia or other financial institution.
- Savings Bonds or Government Bonds.
Q. What happens if I discover an error on my part or the Bank's involving Mobile Banking/Deposit?
Any known issues or discrepancies should be reported to the Bank immediately. Any intentional or unintentional misuse may result in your inability to complete a deposit through Mobile Deposit. The Bank reserves the right to restrict Mobile Deposit capabilities.
Q. What are some tips for using Mobile Deposit?
- Ensure that the check amount you enter matches the amount written on your check.
- Verify that the back of your check is endorsed with "For FNB Mobile Deposit" and contains both the deposit account number and your signature.
- Flatten folded, creased, or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Capture the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photos.
- Ensure that the entire check image is visible within the frame markers and is in focus prior to submitting your deposit.
Q. Who should I contact if I have additional questions or need assistance?
You may call the Bank at (518) 370-7200 if you have questions regarding 1st Scotia Mobile Deposit or your account transactions.